Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Friday, July 27, 2007
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
As this is my final post from the U.S., I, again, want to thank you all for being so supportive during this long process. Please continue to follow our journey in China. I will use this site as much as possible, but if all else fails, then you can also see our journey at www.youbelong.net/thehatfields
We love you all! Until next time...
It's early Wednesday morning. I just woke up and can't go back to sleep, so I thought I'd at least do a post. In a little more than 24 hours, we will be boarding a plane in Lexington, KY, on our first leg of a very long trip. A trip that we've waited a lifetime for. Simply amazing. Here is a short travel agenda, so that you will know what to expect as we journey to China:
5:25 AM: Leave Lexington for Cleveland and Cleveland to Newark, NJ
12:15 PM Leave Newark, NJ for Beijing (13+ hour flight)
1:45 PM Land in Beijing
- Visit a Jade factory
- Visit the Great Wall of China
- Visit the Forbidden City and Tiannamen Square
Sunday: Fly to Chongqing (Karsynn's Province city)
- We will be in Chongqing for 9 days: visiting Panda zoo, museums, parks, etc.
- July 30th, around noon, will be "Gotcha Day," the day we finally meet Karsynn (It will be Sunday night here in the US, but Monday afternoon for us)
Fly to Guangzhou, China:
- This is where we will complete the last part of the adoption paperwork. The US Consulate Office is located in Guangzhou
- Consulate Appt., Medical Exam, Take the Oath to promise to always care for Karsynn
Take a train ride to Hong Kong:
- We will stay overnight at the Hong Kong Citygate Airport Hotel
- We will board a flight the next day from HK back to the US
We are scheduled to land at Bluegrass Airport around 10:10 PM
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Today has been another busy one. For one time in my life, all my bills have been mailed VERY early. I mean, the bill recipients will FLIP OUT when mine come in early. I'm usually just right on time, but not this month. I'm EARLY!!! I'm leaving the country, so I have to be EARLY! Yeah!!!
Today's To Do List:
- Write out checks for the bills and mail them (Done, EARLY!)
- Write a note to Ray, who is house sitting and dog sitting for us for two weeks. I'm so weird. Like he doesn't know how to care for a dog. I left him an envelope full of notes. My life is so sad.
- Finish cleaning up the laundry room and Karsynn's playroom. (Done!)
- Make up envelopes for tips in China and sort money
- Finish packing or at least arranging it so that we're not over our limit
- Eat some fresh from the garden (not mine of course) SWEET CORN for lunch (Mother-in-Laws are wonderful sometimes!)
That's it. I think we're done. Hopefully tomorrow can be a day to spend with family and just relax. I'm going to miss them like crazy while we're gone, but it will be over before we know it and we'll be back home so that everyone can enjoy spoiling Karsynn. Again, please pray that God gives my dad and Troy's dad peace of mind and heart while we're gone. I know they're worried, but we will be just fine.
Monday, July 23, 2007
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Today's To Do List:
1. Relax and have fun with friends
2. Tackle the laundry room
That's it! I'm giving myself a break today. I can't hardly believe that we're only four days away from leaving for China. As the time draws closer, I know that my dad and Troy's dad, who are staying behind, are getting more anxious and apprehensive about us leaving them. Please pray that God will give them peace of mind and heart during this two week trip, particularly for my dad. I know that this is difficult on him, but I'm so thankful that he has agreed to allow my mom to go. I'm really going to need her there for support. Although I'm not actually giving birth to Karsynn, I still need my mom there to show me how to do certain things and just to have her to lean on during difficult times. Again, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Please continue to pray for us that our family will come together with ease and that Karsynn will bond quickly without many problems. We love you all!
Friday, July 20, 2007
Today's To Do List:
1. Work on my classroom from 9:00 a.m. until ?????
2. Drop prescriptions off at Wal-Mart
3. Do more laundry
4. Work on Karsynn's play room
That's it. I can't do any more. These long days and late nights are killing me. Mommy and Daddy are coming soon, Karsynn. Just a few more days!
Thursday, July 19, 2007
1. Do laundry that I didn't get done yesterday
2. Clean up the laundry room
3. Clean up Karsynn's Play Room
4. Shampoo the carpet in the living room and hallway
5. Gather all the paperwork that we need to copy for China
6. Write out all the bills that need paid while we're in China
Yesterday was productive, but today needs to be even more productive. We only have 7 days people, SEVEN DAYS!!!!!!!!
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Today's TO DO list:
1. Clean Living Room
2. Straighten up the playroom
3. Do a few loads of laundry
4. Wash some of Karsynn's clothes
5. Call the Credit Card Company
about being in China
That seems like enough to keep me busy, at least for a few hours.
Monday, July 16, 2007
- Offer to run errands or run to the grocery
- Come by with lunch or dinner
- Offer to wash and dry a load of laundry
- Take time to call before dropping by, as baby AND parents might be resting
- Offer to take pictures or video of the new family while visiting
- Come by to see the baby, but don't EXPECT to get to hold it immediately
- Offer the new parents and baby plenty of alone time to bond
As a new mommy, it is so difficult to try and explain these things to friends and family. You feel almost like you're being selfish, but I promise you, I'm not. Troy and I have had 24 credit hours of parent education classes before this adoption could take place, and much of what we learned dealt with attachment and bonding. The window of opportunity for bonding for adoptive parents is so small, so every moment is precious. I hope you will understand. We love you all and can't wait to share Karsynn with you.
Sunday, July 15, 2007
Whitney and I at Ocean Walk
A late afternoon storm...
Troy and I at Deck Down Under
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Monday, July 09, 2007
We have a Consulate Appt. in Guangzhou on Aug. 8th, so that means we will be home on Aug. 10th, not the 11th. We are in contact with Lawrence, the travel agent from Seattle, making plans for travel, as I type. I cannot believe this day has come! My heart is overfilled with joy.
Love and Prayers,
Friday, July 06, 2007
Karsynn and CJ officially have two other playmates. These are our friends' daughters. They just received a referral today. We are so excited to add more members to our adoption family!!!!
Both girls are in the same orphanage in Beihai SWI in Southern China. They are both about 16 mo. old.
The picture at the top is one of our other friends' baby girl. They will travel soon to bring her home. Her name is Lily and she has a beautiful sister from Ukraine named Ella.