Sunday, July 22, 2007

4 days until we leave for China...

Well, I can FINALLY say that "MY CLASSROOM IS READY!!!!" I've worked two straight days on getting things unpacked, hanging posters on the wall, organizing materials, making notes for my sub, arranging desks, and planning instruction, but it's DONE!!! Thank goodness. I probably logged about 20 hrs. these past two days just getting it ready to go. Today, we have a get together with some members of our "adoption family" in Shelbyville. We all wanted to get together one last time before we all travel to China. I'm so excited to see all of them again.

Today's To Do List:
1. Relax and have fun with friends
2. Tackle the laundry room

That's it! I'm giving myself a break today. I can't hardly believe that we're only four days away from leaving for China. As the time draws closer, I know that my dad and Troy's dad, who are staying behind, are getting more anxious and apprehensive about us leaving them. Please pray that God will give them peace of mind and heart during this two week trip, particularly for my dad. I know that this is difficult on him, but I'm so thankful that he has agreed to allow my mom to go. I'm really going to need her there for support. Although I'm not actually giving birth to Karsynn, I still need my mom there to show me how to do certain things and just to have her to lean on during difficult times. Again, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Please continue to pray for us that our family will come together with ease and that Karsynn will bond quickly without many problems. We love you all!

Sammi

No comments: