1. We received our referral on June 6th, 2007 (pictures, medical information, etc.)
2. We had our first pre-travel meeting on Monday, June 11th, at AHH in Lexington.
- There will be 8 families traveling with us to Chongqing (Chong-Ching) and 6 other Special Needs parents will do part of the trip with us, but will go to a different province to get their child.
3. All paperwork was due at AHH by Thursday, June 14th, by all families.
4. On Friday, June 15th, all acceptance letters were mailed to China and we now wait on our TA (Travel Approval Letter) which takes 30-40 days.
5. On Friday, the travel coordinator also sent all Passports, via Courier Service, to get our Chinese Visas.
6. After our TA arrives from China, we can then apply for a Consulate Appt. with the U.S. Embassy in Guangzhou, China. Once we know our CA date, then we can back up two weeks from that date and decide the date we depart. Right now, if things go as hoped, it looks as if we will leave on Aug. 2nd and will return on Aug. 16th. We could leave a week earlier, if the paperwork we're waiting on arrives sooner, so please pray.
This is all we know right now. Once again, we're waiting, but we are SO CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!