Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Is this REALLY happening?????

Oh my goodness! We just checked the Rumor Queen website, and she has already posted that our family is expecting a referral this month. It just doesn't seem real. I'm not sure how much sleep I'll manage tonight, but my schedule is clear tomorrow for "the call!!!!" When, and if, we get the call tomorrow, Troy and I will travel to Lexington to our adoption agency, A Helping Hand, to pick up Karsynn's birth information and pictures. We are planning a big celebration with a couple of friends who will travel to China with us. Here is a rough plan for our next steps:

  • Get the call and travel to Lexington to get her pictures this week (hopefully tomorrow!)
  • Take it all in, then make an appointment for a pediatrician in Lexington, who specializes in International Adoption, to look over Karsynn's birth information
  • Accept our referral with A Helping Hand within a week
  • Our Acceptance will be sent to China and we will receive a Travel Acceptance letter within weeks, hopefully
  • Send a care package of goodies to Karsynn at her orphanage
  • Wait for a Consulate Appointment in Guangzhou, China
  • Begin making travel arrangements to China
  • Hopefully leaving for China at the end of July or 1st of August
  • "Gotcha Day" in China (the day we've been waiting for)

Someone pinch me...

2 comments:

Julie said...

Congrats from another person who is expecting "the call" tomorrow!!!!

Unknown said...

Yup! It IS REALLY Happening!! LOL Congratulations!!
I remember when we were wating for our referral call..everyone in my family was gathered around...sitting on pins and needles!! LOL
YAHOOOO!!
Krista Dolan (Canada)
mom to Lily Dianjiang oct 2005
please drop by my blog!
http://parentingcubed.blogspot.com/