Tuesday, June 12, 2007

We had our 1st Travel Meeting

Yesterday was a day that we thought might never come. We had our first official travel meeting at AHH in Lexington. It appears there will be 14 families traveling with our group, eight that received referrals this June and 6 that are adopting Special Needs children. Our dates are tentative and apt to change, but right now it looks as if we may leave for China on August 2nd and return August 16th. These dates are very sketchy right now, as we are still waiting on a Travel Approval Letter from China and will need to apply for a Consulate Appt. in Guangzhou. Things have been so crazy since receiving Karsynn's referall, but hopefully they will calm down for a least a little while. Troy and I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their kind words of encouragement since we received her referral. My heart just flutters when I look at that beautiful face. So many of you brag about how beautiful Karsynn is (and she is) and that really makes my heart smile. I'm a proud Mama!!! We'll keep you posted on the next steps!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Great News..
Hope you get to travel soon..
Kim

Leslie said...

Sammi, it was great meeting you at the travel meeting last night. I love your blog. I was actually on it a couple of weeks ago before my LOA came.

Praying for a fast TA, to make it's way back to AHH, and off to China we go.

You do have a beautiful little girl. Remember, you have to let me hold your baby while we are over there....LOL.

Bye for now,
Leslie