Friday, August 22, 2008

Things are FINALLY settling down...I think!

I am so proud of my brave girl. She has adapted quite well to daycare. She still has moments where she's uncertain if she really wants to go, but she's fine once she gets there. We've only had one day of drama since she started. She came home one day with two bite marks on her arm. This is to be expected occasionally, but Mama won't stand for it too often. She's now to the point where she'll stand and wave to Daddy in the window as he leaves her at daycare, which is a far cry from her crying, "Dada, Dada!" She still cries when I pick her up in the afternoon, but it's such a strange cry. It's almost a meltdown cry after not seeing me all day. When we get in the car, she holds her hands in the air and says, "Yeah, Mama!" as if I'm the super hero of the day for coming to pick her up. It's so cute. Troy is quite satisfied in his new job. He just loves teaching P.E. to the little ones. He's such a goober! He has more fun than they do. That's all for now. I PROMISE to post pictures soon!

1 comment:

Alyson and Ford said...

Greetings!
Thank you for sending us the email and pictures!
Glad to read that your daughter is doing great in daycare.
We are looking forward to our trip to China. It is so neat to know your daughter played with ours last year!

Alyson LID 01/27/06
DOR 08/12/08