Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mama's Smart Girl!

Karsynn is 21 months old, and this past weekend she started counting to 10 on her own and she can spell her entire first name. It has been a ritual at the diaper changing station to stand up when we're done and touch each letter of her name on the wall and say it. I wasn't sure how much she was taking in, but obviously more than I realized. I'd love to say it's all the hard work Troy and I put in working with her, but I'm afraid I have to admit that it's probably genetic...and not our genetics! Ha! Ha! She is the most amazing little creature in the whole world. I'm constantly amazed with her. She has now graduated to a "big girl bed," that rests right up against our bed. We went to Wal-mart in search of bedding and she just had to have the Elmo set. We let her help us make up her bed, and she is resting quite well in it. Since our hearts are being tugged toward China again for a little sister for her, we figured we needed to try to get her out of our bed for good. I must admit that I do miss snuggling with the little snuggle bug, though. I love to hold her close and listen to her breathe. It's one of my favorite things to do. God has been so good to us. We are the luckiest people in the world.

1 comment:

Steve and Kailee said...

Good job Karsynn. Aunt Alese and Uncle Steve are so proud of you. You are really growing up fast. We really miss you and it sounds like everything is going great for you. Kailee is counting to 10 also and is now doing front rolls. She will be starting gymnastics soon. We hope to hear from you.


Love,
Steve, Alese, & Kailee