Thursday, March 15, 2007

We're Getting Excited!

As our referral day draws near, we are so excited that I can't even begin to explain. Depending on how CCAA does things, the end of this month could actually be "our day." We could actually be seeing our daughter's face for the first time. I cannot explain how this makes us feel inside. It's amazing. When you've wanted something so bad for so long and you know that it's drawing near, the anticipation kills you. I find myself daydreaming about what Karsynn will look like, how big she'll be, and whether she'll love us as much as we already love her. Today, I began to think a bit about how much of Karsynn's early life Troy and I will have missed. That made me really sad. We won't have the luxury of bonding with our daughter from birth, but my prayer is that God will allow Karsynn to attach quickly and smoothly. Surely, once she is placed in our lives she'll be able to feel that love that Troy and I have had for her for so long. I'm certain of it. There have been so many news stories lately about parents abandoning, hurting or even killing their own children, and my heart and mind cannot even fathom this. I can't understand the desperation that must go through one's mind to do something like that. I guess that's why I don't understand, and probably never will, why good people like Troy and I have had such a difficult time. I suppose only God knows. What I do understand is that His plan is the ultimate. My prayer is that He will help Troy and I be all that we can for Karsynn, and any other little ones that He has planned for us. Please continue to pray that our referral will come at the end of this month.

No comments: