Monday, October 16, 2006

A Beautiful Poem

I found this poem on a family's website that I follow. The words are simply beautiful and express the feelings and thoughts that we have as we wait.

A Moment in Time

You take a child from a far away land
You take a mother with a photo in hand
You put them together in a special way
It's a moment in time-called Gotcha Day.

Some children cry out, others just stare
They don't comprehend what's happening there
But God in His love and mercy proclaims
It's time for these babies to have some new names.

A name with a face, your child now embraced
The heart ache of waiting is quickly erased
That half empty feeling is filled to the brim
The love that's expressed spills over the rim.

If you've been in that room and seen the display
Of love flowing out in this marvelous way
You'll never forget for the rest of your years
The gallons and gallons of joyous spent tears.

This moment won't end, a family now starts
The love just keeps coming direct from the hearts
Of mothers whose dreams have now become true
A great moment in time, its love's grand debut.

Tom Fisher C March 7, 2006

3 comments:

Becky said...

I love this poem. I found your blog through RQ site. I have used AHH for 2 China adoptions. Good luck in your adoption! I'll check back....

Becky
Mom to 2 Jiangxi cuties

Becky said...

Oh yeah, I also meant to mention that I also am from KY!

Becky

fish48223 said...

Sammi--the wait is hard. I've BTDT twice. But when I said "The heart ache of waiting is quickly erased" I meant it. The moment your daughter is placed in your arms you will forget how long it took. You'll look in her eyes and know that you would wait another year for that once in a lifetime experience. Even if it's your second time, each one is once in a lifetime. God Bless Ya'.

Tom Fisher
tafisher@sbcglobal.net