Sunday, March 08, 2009

Karsynn...

Ok, so my two year old climbs up to the computer desk, opens the laptop and looks at me and says, "I check email..." So, maybe I'm spending a little too much time on the computer or maybe she's just a really good listener and mocking bird? Hmmmm... So, I'm wondering when I should become concerned that my 2 year old isn't interested at all in potty training? The pediatrician says that she'll do it in her own time, I think this summer would be a good time to start, but I hear others saying that their child is the same age and is already potty trained. What to believe?? What to do?? I don't want to worry her with it or stress her out, so I offer but she still says no. Maybe I'll try some rewards? Here are a few more cute phrases she's using nowadays:

"I check email"
"Hey everybody! What's everybody doing?"
"Follow mommy daddy or follow daddy mommy..."
"I'm the King of the Castle! I'm the Princess!"
"I the Mommy and you're the baby..."

It's the cutest thing ever to hear her talk in such complete sentences now. Along with talking our heads off, she's singing, dancing, showing more imagination than ever, and is just as full of herself as she has ever been. I'm loving it! Finally, this is what her G-pa has taught her. One day she was scratched by a cat at a friend's house. When she walked in, she told G-pa what that "Titty Tat" did to her. G-pa said he'd punch that kitty cat in the nose and pull its tail. So, needless to say, whenever Karsynn sees a cat she says, "Punch it in the nose and pull its tail?" Not that she ever would, because she loves all animals, but it's just so cute to hear her say.

2 comments:

cdg said...

Hi Sammi- My daughter will turn 3 April 6 and for the last year, I have also wondered if I should potty train. I waited until a month ago, and it only too 3 weeks to get her trained. I would say wait until they are ready. I would take her in the potty with me and have sit on her chair when I went to the bathroom, sometimes she would go and sometimes not. Do not make it stressful.

awaitingmissemily said...

I have been trying to potty train for over 6 months...it is definatley something they will do when they are ready. I started out with the bribe for candy method...big mistake. She will only potty when she wants candy!!
And as for the computer..mine twice now has crashed our computer by putting coins in the photo card reader!!!!
Karsynn is such a cutie and oh so sweet.
PS. glad to see you all back on your feet again.