Monday, December 01, 2008

We Did It!!!

It's official, Karsynn is a "bottle free" big girl now! We began the process of taking her night bottle away on Wednesday of Thanksgiving Break, and by Thursday night, it was over. She still periodically says, "Baba," especially at night, but when I tell her she's a big girl now, she immediately asks for her "cuppy." The funny thing is, I think taking the bottle was harder on Mommy than it was on Karsynn. As I dried each bottle and placed it into the storage bag and threw away all her bottle nipples, I actually teared up. I did the same thing when I gave her the last jar of baby food. It's sad. I think I just wanted a baby for so long, that it's just so hard to let her grow into a big girl. I know, I know, get over Mommy. Today was her first day back at daycare in 5 days, so I think I'll call to check on her. I'm sure she's fine, but I bet it was a shock to her waking up around all those people after being home for so many days. Anyways...

1 comment:

Alyson and Ford said...

She is growing up!!
I too wanted a baby, and have one now that we skipped the bottle and baby food. We have been cruising on sippy cups and "real" food! You will love this phase: they want to feed themselves, drink out of Mommy's cup (the beginning of sharing!) and can say bowl, plate and spoon. They grow up so fast!

Re-Visit for a giveaway this week!

Alyzabeth's Mommy for Ten Weeks!