Sunday, April 15, 2007

I hear you God...

Ok, so with the devastating news last week that CCAA only did two days worth of referrals, I was really heartbroken. Being human, I began to second guess whether or not our daughter was actually in China. I began to question whether we were really listening to God speak to our hearts or whether we just thought this was what we were to do. So, as I went to bed I said a simple prayer. I prayed to God to send me a sign to let me know what we were supposed to do. I left it at that. I planned to use the next couple of days clearing my mind and repairing my heart from the discouraging news. Well, God spoke to me quickly. Out of the blue, over the next two days, I received a cute bath towel with a huge ladybug (a symbol of goodluck in the Chinese adoption community) on it, a board book about Chinese adoption titled, "I Love you Like Crazy Cakes," a book titled, "Are you my Mother," and a Little Golden Book about adoption titled, "A Blessing from Above." Ok God, you have my attention. I knew at that point that we were doing what God had planned for us to do. I also realized that good things come to those who wait. So, with that being said, we wait and try to wait patiently. I know that God has the perfect child chosen for Troy and I, and I know for certain that she is in China. We will go when God is ready for us to go. For those of you who came bearing gifts, we thank you for assisting God in answering our prayers. He works in mysterious ways!

3 comments:

Keri said...

She's there. I know it's hard. I won't say be patient. Your trip will be unbelievable. You will think about your time in China everyday. When Karsynn is handed to you it will be the most amazing moment ever and you will replay that moment forever in your mind. Claire takes my breath away. Adoption is a miracle like I have never experienced. Don't lose hope this close. Your miracle day is coming.

Keri

R&H said...

I know how you are feeling. We've been in the adoption process for about 19 months and our dossier has been in Vietnam for 9 months. We were told we would receive a referral a few WEEKS after our dossier was in Vietnam...it's been a long wait!
We just have to believe that it will happen, and what is meant to happen will happen.

Tonia said...

Bless your heart! We had to wait 14 mos. because of SARS, I CAN NOT imagine having to wait 17 plus mos.!! But your absolutely right that it is in God's own timing. You will have the daughter that is meant for your family.

Best wishes!!
Tonia