Monday, June 19, 2006

Still Waiting...

I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. Psalm 40:1 This verse was sent to me in our monthly update from A Helping Hand, our adoption agency. Just one more reminder that God has a plan for Troy and I, and Karsynn is out there waiting for us to come get her, all in due time. As for an update, Troy and I are registered to attend the annual A Helping Hand Adoption Picnic on June 24th. Basically, anyone who has adopted in the past through AHH is invited to attend. They have games, toys, etc. for the kids (those who have them) and they have getting to know you sessions and other fun things planned for the adults. Now, some may say we're crazy for putting ourselves through watching other adoptive families having a fun time with their babies while we still WAIT, but in some small way it will make us feel closer to Karsynn. We have been in touch with several people who could potentially be part of our travel group in China, and some of them plan to be there, too. So, it will be nice to get to know others who are "in our shoes" and are wading through this painful wait, too. I'm sure we'll have lots of pictures to post from the reunion picnic, so stay tuned. “I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him.” 1 Samuel 1:27

No comments: