Friday, August 19, 2005

Still In Search of the I-171H...

Troy talked with our Family Advocate at our agency, A Helping Hands. He says that our approved home study was officially sent out on July 15, so that means we are offically at day 34 in our wait for this final document. We've been told to expect it anyday now, but we're beginning to get a bit frustrated. It frustrates me to think that it may be sitting on someone's desk who doesn't even care that we rush home every day after school in hopes of finding in the mailbox. I'm really trying to practice patience, but my patience are wearing thin. It's so funny though, as impatient as I am, so are my students. They all want to know what's going on, and they simply love to talk about it in class. They want to pull down the wall map and find China, and they love to guess which area she will be from. It's so cute! They are so good for me right now. They help fill my days with fun and laughter, as Troy and I wait for our darling baby girl. Someone told me just the other day, "You know, she'll be a lucky little girl." My response was, "Yes, but Troy and I will be even luckier." She will fill a void in both of our lives.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hello, I just wanted to let you know that I am also in Ky. I finally got my I71 last week on day 66. We used the Louisville office. I will be thinking of you and hoping it gets to you quickly.
Kelly